Social Security Agreement Canada France

Hello, Doug, thank you for this information. In my situation, I am a nurse and have worked in total about 7 years in the United States on the TN visa. So far, I have worked for about 25 years (Post College) in Canada. So when the time comes to retire, do I have to apply for both Social Security, KKP and OAP and receive these benefits individually? It`s true? Thank you for waiting until they have approved or rejected your OAS application and for seeing when you have come to the conclusion that you reside in Canada. If they reject your OAS application solely because of your residency in Canada, you can ask them to review your application under the Canada-India Agreement to see if you qualify for this process. Finally, I know that mainland China has a social security agreement with Canada. What if this agreement made it eligible for the OAS earlier compared to the 10-year rule, given that Hong Kong is now a country (two systems one country)? Charles – Sorry, but I think you won`t be lucky if Canada and Britain don`t reach a full agreement one day. I was born in 1965 and grew up in Canada. I have my diplomas (undergrad und Recht) in Canada.

I moved to the United States in 2000 (I was 35 years old). To my knowledge, I do not have the „20 years after 18 years” conditions to be able to claim the OAS. But I think there is a provision in the agreement between the United States and Canada, which is that it will count my years in the United States so that I can meet the 20-year requirement. Since Canada`s social security system includes a specific pension plan in the province of Quebec, an additional agreement was reached with Quebec to extend the agreement to that province, also effective August 1, 1984. The terms of the U.S.-Canadian Agreement and understanding between the United States and Quebec are very similar, and unless otherwise stated, refers in this document to the U.S.-Canadian Agreement also for the U.S.-Quebec agreement. Thank you, Doug. Yes, my bond and I have paid a significant increase in social security tax in recent decades. The only thing that bothered me was that I did not have the opportunity to work in Canada and pay anything in Canada. So I was concerned about whether the social security agreement between the United States and Canada worked for me. Through my undercover, the agreement is to help with the implementation of minimum credits. Because I have more credit than minimum. So it should work for me.

Hello Veronica – Your husband is definitely entitled to a CPP pension, and he can also claim the OAS under the Canada-U.S. agreement. In any event, they are eligible for both the CPCs and the OAS. I think you need 10 years (40 quarters) to qualify for the U.S. Social Security type, but then again, you might be eligible under the Canada-U.S. agreement if you have less than 10 full years. I am a Canadian citizen – worked in the United States for 3 different companies (28 quarters in total), returned to Canada in 2009. Have worked as an employee and also independent for parts of this period.

Currently (I am 73 years old), I receive CPP/OAS services at the same time as a supplement of QPP – I am employed as a teacher, so my income varies depending on the course load.